Getting troubles to find the runes and don’t know the details of the specific rune, here is the complete guide for all the runes, how you can unlock all of them and also the details of the rune’s effect. Cards and Runes are usable objects with a wide variety of effects. Cards and Runes take up the same slot as pills. Runes and special cards are unlocked by completing challenges.
How to Unlock All Runes and Effect Details:
- Effect: It grants a Book of Shadows affect, making the player invincible for around a minute.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “Cat Got Your Toung” challenge.
- Effect: It reveals the full map, including the Secret and Top Secret room.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating “The Tank” challenge.
- Effect: It gives three blue spiders and three blue flies.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating “The Purist” challenge.
- Effect: It removes the Curse from the floor, such as Curse of the Maze, and gives a single Soul Heart.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “Darkness Falls” challenge.
- Effect: It creates a trapdoor on the floor, similar to the effect of “We Need to Go Deeper!” item, and therefore can find a Crawlspace/Blackmarket.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “Head Trauma” challenge.
- Effect: It destroys all of the breakables, rocks, mushrooms and skulls, in the room.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “Pitch Black” challenge.
- Effect: It doubles ALL the pickups in the room, hearts, coins, cards, and even pills. If you double a Temprence Card and spawn the two, they will pay out with the same item in the same number of plays. Cloned chests will contain exactly the same type of items and if the original contains a pickup, so will the clone.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “High Brow” challenge.
- Effect: It rerolls the items in the room, much like the D6.
- How to unlock: It is unlocked by beating the “Solar System” challenge.