Lost Sectors are small subterranean secondary Sectors hidden in these larger Sectors. They appear in all four worlds but are predominantly in the European Dead Zone. Certain larger surface Sectors can have as many as three Lost Sectors, though many have none at all.
You May Also Like:
- Destiny 2 – All Exotic Weapons Details
- Destiny 2 – Kinetic, Energy and Power Weapons Details
- Destiny 2 – Titan, Hunter and Warlock Armor Details
- Destiny 2 – The Pyramidion Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 – The Inverted Spire Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 – Exodus Crash Strike Guide
With one exception, Lost Sectors offer a small exploratory activity. You venture into a series of interior chambers and deal with a number of Combatant threats, as well as a “boss” or Elite enemy. The Elite holds the key to success, as he enables you to unlock a Lost Sector Chest in which you can expect an impressive reward.
European Dead Zone
There are 16 Lost Sectors located in the different areas of European Dead Zone, below you will find the detail location of each Lost Sector.
#1: The Drain
- Access this in the high wooded hills northeast of the low pond and west of the waterfall. Inside is a compact grotto with ledges and a secondary cavern to explore. Fallen Dregs, Vandals, and a few Shanks are your main concerns.
#2: Whispered Falls
- This Lost Sector is centrally located, with the distinction of having two separate entrances on the waterlogged pond or beach either side of the hilltop area. Take either entrance; with careful exploration, you can find passages down to a series of water treatment rooms where the Fallen, led by a toughened Captain, are residing.
#3: Scavenger’s Den
- Find the entrance at sea level at the far eastern edge of the beach, south of the road to Town. Enter a series of caverns with evidence of a main Fallen command post, which ends in a sunlit grotto where a ruined human structure has fallen through into the cavern. Here, you’ll find the Boss Chest and a Fallen Captain to tackle.
#1: Widow’s Walk
- Head inside the compact rooms of the structure west of the Church to the rusting stairwell. This leads to an exterior, rubble-filled alleyway with a tenement block you can access the interior of. Dregs are your main problems here.
- Under the Church is a series of corridors to a waterlogged and rusting underground storage area. Battle against Fallen here, who are mainly Dregs and Vandals.
#3: Terminus East
- In the northeast corner outside the north end of the Church are the remains of a tube station. Slide under the entrance, drop down the hole, and battle Fallen in and around the main train station. The sub-boss is a Captain.
#1: Hallowed Grove
- Enter the cave to the northeast of the River, and work your way through a grotto and into a once-idyllic sunlit glade, now teeming with Taken. Ascend to the upper pool, where you’ll face a Taken Captain and his minions.
#2: Cavern of Souls
- Head down below the central derelict structure into a rocky passageway that eventually leads to an oval-shaped cavern. Masses of Taken are active here, drawn by a Taken Minotaur Sub-Boss.
#3: Shaft 13
- Navigate past some Cabal on the eastern warehouse perimeter, then negotiate some corrugated metal corridors, and you’ll discover a hidden mine quarry with Fallen foes to battle.
#1: Flooded Chasm (The Gulch)
- This Lost Sector is actually the exit from the Gulch Lost Sector, though it can be approached from this direction, too. Inside is a large cavern where Cabal and Fallen troops are battling.
#2: The Weep
- Drop down into the crevasse in the middle of the largest island on the beach, and explore two narrow, rocky caverns overgrown with ivy. Defeat some Fallen infantry and a Captain to claim your loot.
#1: Flooded Chasm
- You can approach this Lost Sector either via the waterlogged cave entrance south of the overpass, or from the Winding Cove Sector directly south of here, which this Lost Sector links to. Inside is a large cavern where Cabal and Fallen troops are battling. Expect to face a larger contingent of Fallen as you progress farther into the cavern.
#1: The Pit
- A connecting corridor leads to a large two-tiered storage bay with a number of Cabal infantry threats, led by a Sub-Boss Centurion.
#2: Excavation Site XII
- This entrance is on the upper grassy ledge of the eastern wooded area. Inside, you must cross a bottomless chasm and face a dozen or so Cabal infantry and a fearsome Sub-Boss Centurion.
#3: Pathfinder’s Crash
- Accessed at ground level on the eastern wooded side of the Sector, this leads to a large cavern with a stream, and Cabal infantry forces led by a Sub-Boss Incendior.
#1: Skydock IV
- Enter from the Carrier Bay Tunnel. After some corridor navigation, Cabal infantry battling, and a drop down a tube-like hole, you reach a two-tiered generator room that Cabal forces and a Sub-Boss Centurion guard. Note the exit up on the platform level so you don’t need to retrace your steps after the Boss Chest is purloined.
#2: The Quarry
- Enter the slit in the rocky outcrop on the east side of the sector, and begin to explore a tunnel that widens into a series of four adjacent caverns. The last of these caverns has a toughened Cabal Centurion and his minions, infantry you’ve been ridding the caverns of along the way.
Titan Lost Sectors Location:
There are total 3 Lost Sectors that you can find in Titan world.
#1: Methane Flush
- Deeper down in the superstructure of Siren’s Watch is a series of storage and cargo bays, partly eaten away by Hive activity. Find a large number of foes, biggest problem is the Sub-Boss Wizard; he must be stopped before you can claim the chest contents.
#1: Cargo Bay 3
- Accessing this entrance is tricky because it’s directly below the Upper Deck Platform. It requires you to move around the lip of a very narrow gantry ledge and across to a broken gantry from the jutting lower platform area in the northeast area of the map. Look west to spot the entrance. Don’t forget to check the Region Chest just beyond the entrance doorway, continuing along the gantry. Then, head down an interior stairwell to a huge lower cargo bay. You’ll need the room to avoid the piercing gaze of Golmuut the Ogre and his Knight and Acolyte minions!
#2: DS Quarters-2
- Enter this from the north wall of the main central chamber, accessed via the Hive Chamber itself or the northern thoroughfare (the lower platform area near the metal gantry stairs). After a descent, you reach the frightening, Hive-filled catacombs that used to be Cargo Bay 7 and the main mess hall. Now it’s just a mess; wade through the Hive infantry (especially Thralls) to a final confrontation with Thann’Hul, a sub-boss Knight.
Nessus Lost Sectors Location:
There are total 5 lost sectors that you will find in different sectors of Nessus.
#1: The Orrery
- An opening in the northern perimeter, guarded by a Hobgoblin, leads beyond an earthen pit and into a Vex chamber with an altar-like structure at the far end.
#1: Ancient’s Haunt
- A narrow rocky tunnel opens up into an exotic glade with various red-hued trees and plant life. A sizable Vex presence is here and a Sub-Boss Hydra to punish.
#1: The Conflux
- Enter this Lost Sector under the large tree on the western side of the Sector. Inside is a large Vex-built chamber hosting a group of Cabal to fight. Their leader is a Sub-Boss Centurion.
Glade Of Echoes
#1: The Carrion Pit
- Enter via the entrance among the wreckage of the Fallen-controlled platforms in the center of this Sector. Expect a Shank welcoming committee at the entrance. Dregs and Vandals appear as you venture farther into this deep blue cargo bay, where you must destroy a named Servitor before the chest is acquired.
#1: The Void
- Enter the opening in the western perimeter wall to reach an underground block construction of Vex origin. This is now a Fallen base, complete with Dregs, Servitors, other infantry types, and a Fallen Captain across the bridge, which spans a bottomless void.
Lo Lost Sectors Location:
There are only e Lost Sectors in Lo which you can find.
#1: Grove of Ulan-Tan
- Accessed via a cave entrance in the northwest corner of Lost Oasis, this leads to a series of narrow caverns. Follow the glistening stream, battling Vex Harpies and Goblins, with a main battle against a Sub-Boss Minotaur.
#1: Sanctum of Bones
- Enter this natural rocky grotto with some considerable height inside. The connecting tunnels ascend to some central platforms, where you can find a Sub-Boss Taken Knight.
#2: Aphix Conduit
- Enter the sunken gully entrance to this natural cavern in the southeast corner of the Sector. The Vex presence continues into a sizable cube-shaped cavern with a central chasm and a deadly Hydra that you must defeat.