Patrols are activities that reward you with resources for your weapons and armor. They are less intense than Adventures or Strikes but are worth completing, if only to discover more of the landscape you are exploring. They are activated at Patrol beacon, which grants you a Patrol from the ones available for the Sector you are in.
You May Also Like:
- Destiny 2 – All Exotic Weapons Details
- Destiny 2 – Kinetic, Energy and Power Weapons Details
- Destiny 2 – Titan, Hunter and Warlock Armor Details
- Destiny 2 – The Pyramidion Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 – The Inverted Spire Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 – Exodus Crash Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 – All Lost Sectors Locations Guide
- Destiny 2 – All Region Chests Locations Guide
- Destiny 2 – All Vendors Including Xur Locations Guide
- Destiny 2 – All Challenges Guide
- Destiny 2 – Lake of Shadows Strike Guide (PS4)
- Destiny 2 – Adventures Guide
- Destiny 2 – European Dead Zone World Quests Guide
- Destiny 2 – Titan World Quests Guide
Every particular Sector can have 9 of these beacons, not all of them are active at the same time. Patrols become available once you have completed all Campaign activities on Io. Rendezvous with Cayde at the Farm and complete a small tutorial adventure that teaches you how Patrols function.
Total Patrols indicates the number of different types of Patrols available in all Sectors of a World. Note that there are additional variations for certain Patrol types that increase this number.
They are then unlocked at all destinations in all Worlds. Expect to be rewarded with an appearing Combatant Chest, experience, Reputation, and better knowledge of the world around you.
Below we have listed all the Sectors across the four Worlds where Patrol beacons are active.
- Sectors (Beacons): Outskirts (9), Trostland (8), The Sludge (8), The Gultch (7), Winding Cove (5), Firebase Hades (8), Sunken Isles (7)
- Total Patrols: 35
- Sectors: Siren’s Watch (7), The Rig (9)
- Total Patrols: 10
- Sectors: Artifact’s Edge (4), The Tangle (11), Watcher’s Grave (7), The Cistern (9), Hallows (7), Glade of Echoes (5), Exodus Black (7)
- Total Patrols: 35
- Sectors: Lost Oasis (6), Giant’s Scar (9), The Rupture (8)
- Total Patrols: 15
There are 5 Patrol mission types available, even after all Patrol beacons are located. Each specific Patrol has a task for you to complete.
You must track and defeat a specific enemy located in an adjacent Sector. This is usually a Sub-Boss, and the task requires Sparrow travel. Expect the threat level of this enemy to be reasonable, though there are occasional hostiles that require more tactical planning if you are at lower levels.
A specific enemy type drops a particular type of item, as indicated by this Patrol icon. Simply hunt down these enemies, defeat them, and claim the item. You have a randomly determined number of items to collect from a randomly determined enemy or enemies. Expect around three different variations of this Collection Mission for each Sector. Sometimes, this Patrol can take time because the enemy type may be rarely encountered in the Sector.
This is perhaps the most straightforward of all the Patrol types[md]simply kill foes in your immediate vicinity until the kill progress reaches 100%.
This requires you to head to an adjacent Sector, usually by Sparrow, and locate an area of the environment. Once you’re there, remove any threats, and scan the environment with Ghost. Once the scan is complete, the mission is over.
This involves you maneuvering to a usually adjacent Sector and completing a small survey at a pinpointed location. There may be enemies in or close to the location, which is always shown on your in-game map. Simply stand within the area close to the location until the percentage fills up to 100%.
You should assume that there are variations of this Patrol type, depending on how many adjacent Sectors there are.
Patrol Loot Caches
Once successfully completed a Patrol, a Loot Cache AKA Combatant Chest appears in the Sector you started the Patrol in. It is flagged with the icon shown near to this paragraph. Head to the chest and open it for your reward.