GTA: V is now available to play on PC. With the release there are some really bad unaccepted errors and bugs, which you may face while installing the game or playing it. Here in the guide below you can find all of them with the possible solution.
But first you need to know about the minimum system requirements for the game.
Also see the full list of GTA: V – PC Error Codes Details.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS:Windows 8.1 – 8 (64 Bit), Windows 7 64 Bit with SP1, Vista 64 Bit with SP2
- Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 or AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor
- RAM:4 GB
- GPU:NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB or AMD HD 4870 1GB
- Hard Drive:65 GB
- Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 10
Other Required Redistributables
Video Card Drivers
Game Launcher Crashed Issue
To fix this issue try this:
- Go to the Display Adapters and open Device Manager.
- Disable NVIDIA graphics card and run the game launcher.
- After the launcher starts, enable NVIDIA graphics card again.
Reduced Framerate with AMD Radeon 4000 Series Video Cards
AMD no longer releases performance and feature updates for the AMD Radeon 4000 series, and some players may notice reduced performance with this legacy card. For further information, please check AMD’s official driver page.
How to change FOV
Note: Use this at your own risk, because it enables setting in first-person mode and modifies game memory which result could be “BAN”,
- To change the Field of view, open game dir and located dllfile. Rename this file to “bink2w64-original.dll”.
- Now download FOV mod and extract “dll” and fov.txt to installation folder.
- Open fov.txt and change value “68” whatever you want.
- Use FOV Calculatorto convert horizontal to vertical.
Memory Leak Issue
This issue has been reported by some online players, there is no fix from ROCKSTAR yet, but as a temporary fix, you can do this:
- Open Computer properties, which will open “System”.
- Go to Advanced System Settings, under Performance tab, click Settings and then under Virtual memory, click Change.
- Clear Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
- Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that your Operating System is installed on and click the radio button System managed size, click Set, OK, OKand OKYou may need to restart.
How to Avoid Losing GTA Online Cars
If you’ve transferred your GTA Online progress from the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you may lose your saved cars. For that Rockstar explained some steps you need to follow.
- Enter GTA Online on your PS3 or Xbox 360
- Pause the game
- Scroll to the “Online” tab
- Select the “Leave GTA Online” option
- The game will not save on the latest Title Update, and your vehicles will now transfer properly to PC.
Once you leave GTA Online, an orange save icon will appear in the bottom right corner.
How to Delete Videos from Rockstar Replay Editor
Videos can be deleted directly within the Rockstar Editor. The exact location of Rockstar Editor clips on your PC depends on your installation, so the easiest way to manage clips is in-game. To delete clips:
- Load up GTAV and enter Story Mode
- Pause the game and scroll all the way to the rightmost tab, “Rockstar Editor”
- Select the “Clip Management” menu item.
- To delete the clip:
If you’re using a PS4 controller, press “Triangle” and confirm the permanent deletion.
If you’re using an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller, press “Y” and confirm the permanent deletion.
If you’re using keyboard and mouse, press the “Delete” key and accept the prompt to permanently delete the file.
Unable to Detect Windows Media Player
You will have this error like this “Unable to detect Windows Media Player on your system. Please install Windows Media Player, then retry the installation.” For that you need to follow these steps.
- Open the Control Panel
- Click “Programs”
- Click “Turn Windows Features On or Off”
- In the resulting popup, make sure “Windows Media Player” is checked under the “Media Features” folder
- Click “OK” and wait for Windows Media Player to install
Rockstar Social Club Errors
There are multiple error codes produced by the same issue, including the following:
- “Social Club failed to initialize.”
- “Social Club failed to load due to an incomplete installation. Please exit the game and re-install the latest version of the Social Club.”
- “A newer version of Social Club is required. The updater may have failed. Please exit the game and install the latest version of the Social Club.”
If you have any above error, then manually reinstall Social Club from right here.
Also do these additional steps:
Verify the Steam Cache:
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
Run GTAV as an Administrator
- Go to the install directory for GTAV PC
- Right click “PlayGTAV.exe”
- Click “Run as Administrator”
Verify that you have the latest version of DirectX and Visual C++. The latest versions can be downloaded from here.
If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually.
Disable antivirus and any security you have installed
Make sure that Social Club is installed to the correct directory (by default, this is: Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club)