Skulls are another collectible that you can collect in Halo 5, there are rarest and not easy to find. You can find one or two in a mission. Skulls are secret items that change player and enemy abilities. The first Skull IWHBYD can be found in the first mission Osiris.
There are total 13 Skulls features in the game that you can find, below we have the list of all of them with the location and the effects detail.
- Mission 1: Osiris
- Effect: Rare combat dialog becomes more common
Location: You can find this on the ledge to left of the door that leads you to Forerunner security station.
- Mission 2: Blue Team
- Effect: Shields no longer regenerate. Kill an enemy with melee to regenerate it again.
Location: In the side room near the Reactor Controls (use the thick pipes on the room’s left wall)
- Mission 3: Glassed
- Effect: You will restart the mission from the start, rather than last checkpoint.
Location: To find this skull you need to play on legendary difficulty and kill the Phaeton with Scorpion while chasing cargo ship during final approach to Meridian Station Gate.
- Mission 5: Unconfirmed
- Effect: This will remove your weapon and all HUD elements, so you don’t know which weapon you have.
Location: In mission 3look for a passage that connects the outdoor quarry to the indoor mine, you will find the skull in a crawlspace above the ceiling pipes in that passage.
- Mission 6: Evacuation
- Effect: This will promotes all enemies to highest level.
Location: In mission 6, first destroy 5 traffic cones during initial dash to Space Elevator outpost, after that the skull will appear on the ground during final sprint to the Pelican.
- Mission 7: Reunion
- Effect: Head shot a grunt for a surprise; direct headshots explode them into colorful confetti. No headshots kill will explode like grenades. Stay out of that range.
Location: In mission 7, look for a lookout ledge not far from the first Covenant encounter, you will find a singing Grunt there, punt it.
- Mission 7: Reunion
- Effect: Motion sensor is disabled, cannot be tracked by nearby enemies
Location: At the end of the mission, go to the right side as you exit Phaeton canyon and you can find it on a Forerunner platform.
- Mission 8: Swords of Sanghelios
- Effect: It will doubles health of all enemies.
Location: In the mission 8, when you exit the ruin above the sinkhole, climb up the broken pillars and leap across them to reach the Skull, on the top, one of them.
- Mission 10: Enemy Lines
- Effect: Enemies carry and throw more grenades
Location: In mission 10, you can find this one inside the Kraken. Fly one of the Banshees up to the ledges above the green-lit tunnels that lead to the Kraken’s power core to find it.
- Mission 12: Battle of Sunaion
- Effect: This will increase the explosion of all explosive weapons to 3x.
Location: In mission 12, stay on the road, where Warden appears, go to the end of the road and stay on the edge of street, while you reach near the Guardian, look for a metal beam leading you down to find the skull.
- Mission 13: Genesis
- Effect: Enemy resistances/weaknesses enhanced
Location: Atop a rock formation near the spot where the Warden first appears in this mission.
- Mission 14: The Breaking
- Effect: Low ammo in dropped weapons.
Location: Underneath the platform where the Warden first spawns in this mission.
- Mission 15: Guardians
- Effect: Enemies can leap out of the range of grenades and heavy fire.
Location: You can find this one on a high ledge above Gamma Core, near wreckage of a downed Pelican