Tasks are another optional quest or you can say some more side quests that you can complete in Pillars of Eternity, if you are planning to complete the game 100%. Also these optional tasks will give you more XP and cool items as rewards.
There are total 3 tasks located in Act-III of Pillars of Eternity, below you will find all of these with the complete guide and detail of options with which you can complete them.
You may Also Like:
- Pillars of Eternity: Combat Guide
- Stronghold Upgrade Benefits, Rare Items, Unlockable Hirelings and Warden Bounties Guide
- Where To Find All Prisoners Locations Guide
- Pillars of Eternity: Crafting and All Recipes Guide
- Act 1 – All Side Quests Guide
- Act II – All Side Quests Guide
- Act III – All Side Quests Guide
Task #1: Songs of the Wild
- Task Giver: Delem
- Location: Oldsong
Delem can be found near the steps between the ferry dock and Galawain’s Maw in Oldsong. Talk to him and listen what he said and agreed to help him, he gives you hints about where two types may be found:
- Cloudsinger:Nests against the rocks of the highest mountains of Eir Glanfath.
- Shardwing:They prefer to nest in Adra formations.
- Tiam:Found throughout Twin Elms—often in high tree nests but some have been domesticated.
New Objective: Find and Capture Three Rare Songbirds
In the second last side quest of Act-III, which is #8 “A Nest Above the Clouds,” you can find one of them, From the entrance, where you find the Dragon on a platform, go to east along dead-end, you can find a Cloudsinger Songbird in a nest on the side of the stone wall.
For the second bird, go to Elmshore, that you can see Adra arch (A green crystals that makes a Bridge on the left side of the map), you can find Shardwing Songbird in a bush on the side of the Adra arch.
For the last bird, go to the Hearthsong and enter Llensi’s home to the right of the northern exit and steal her Tiam Songbird from the crate. Here your quest will update.
New Objective: Return to Delem in Oldsong
Now return to Oldsong and talk to Delem and convince him not to eat the birds or you can give all the birds to him.
See the Reactivity and decide what decision is best for you. The conversation choices are:
- “So I have this bird.…”
- “I spoke with Llensi. She said eating songbirds is just superstition—it won’t help you sing.”
If with Llensi you must reply these.
- “She is indeed a wise woman … so why are you so eager to dismiss her opinion?”
- Convincing reply not to eat birds.
- “Let me ask you this—do sparrow hawks sing well?”
- “I’m just telling you what she told me.”
This convinces him not to eat the songbird and you lose Reputation with Twin Elms.
But if suggest eat the birds. But not to eat each individual bird and you will receive talent reward.
Task #2: The Sealed Missive
- Task Giver: Dying Monk
- Location: Elmshore
While in Elmshore, cross northeast bridge and look behind the tree closest to bridge to see a Dying Monk and 2 Stelgaer. Kill them and speak to Monk, he will ask you to deliver a missive to his brother; he will not be able to finish the task. He gives you a scroll and you will have this task.
The next option is one of the best in the game: the ability to decide if you want to peek inside the scroll before stowing it.
- Examine the scroll case.
- Stow the scroll case in your pack.
- Open the scroll case.
You can stow it or look inside.
New Objective: Deliver Missive
Now you need to go to Hearthsong’s inn – the Celestial Sapling. This is where you find Dying Monk’s brother, in the bedroom on the right. Speak to the High Monk. Your conversation options:
- “Who are you?”
- “What brings your order to this place?”
- “I met another monk in robes like your own. He died of his wounds right as I found him.”
Select the 3rd and after that you will have these options.
- Show him the message
- “I don’t remember.”
- “He said nothing and gave me nothing.”
Choose the first option if you are honest and have been honest the whole time and never looked inside the scroll.
After that you will have your reward and you are done with it.
Task #3: Hard Bargain
- Task Giver: Rinatto
- Location: Hearthsong
In Hearthsong, you can located Rinatto, standing near the Celestial Sapling entrance, go and speak to him. He screams about Alarhî selling him false products.
You will have these options:
- “What do you intend to do about this?”
- “What did Alarhî say when you confronted her?”
- “What is Elardh Golah?”
- “Let me see what you have for sale.”
Select the second last “Let me see what you have for sale,” Agree to help him or actually see what products he has for sale at Rinatto’s Wares. He carries ingredients.
New Objective: Talk to Alarhî in Hearthsong’s Market
Now go to the Hearthsong Market to northwest. Enter and speak to Iwen. Tell her you are looking for Alarhî. She tells you she is home, not far from here and your task will update.
New Objective: Find Alarhî at her dwelling in the Hearthsong District
Now head over to Alarhî’s house. Which is on the right side of the market. Go inside and talk to Alarhî. She’s not surprised to see you and guesses who sent you. Here you will these options:
- “I’m here for Rinatto’s money.”
- “I want to hear your side of the story.”
- “I don’t care about the Vailian. Maybe I can help you instead.”
Note: Check Reactivity and Rewards to decide how to proceed.
For now, ask to hear her side of the story. During this she will ask you to deal with him, you don’t have to kill him. This opens a couple special options for doing so: Twin Elms: Positive 4 and Lore 10.
If side with Rinatto, Ask for his money at this point. For which you have a fight with them.
If side with her, she gives you a Beetle in a Cage, you need to deliver that to Rinatto to threaten him and your task will update.
New Objective: Convince Rinatto to leave Twin Elms
Now go back to Rinatto and you will have these options:
- “How do you think Glanfathans will react if they find out you’re dealing in stolen relics?”
- Alarhî gave me this beetle in a cage for you.
Choose the beetle option and he snaps at you and asks, “Just what makes you think the Glanfathans would believe your lies over my good word?” Your options are:
- “I’m a Watcher, and the Anamfath will believe anything I tell them to believe.”
- “We’ll see about that.…”
Attack and kill him for that Reactivity ending or tell him you are a Watcher. If you do, he gets angrier and tells you where you can stick the Beetle in a Cage. Your options are:
- Ignore Rinatto’s feeble attack
- Command Rinatto to stop
- “I wouldn’t do that.…”
All but the last option keeps Rinatto from dying next. If he dies here (by selecting the last option), he gets an arrow through the throat from a Glafathan archer. The Glanfathan Huntress’s reasoning: “I’m sure you understand.”
New Objective: Tell Alarhî you’ve dealt with Rinatto
Go to Alarhî and tell her Rinatto won’t trouble you anymore. You receive the Tiny Beetle if you sided with Alarhî.