How To Become Vampire or Werewolve:
There are three ways to afflict your character with the desired curse:
Option 1: Battle Infectious Monsters
If you’re hoping to contract a curse on your own, you’ll need to pick a fight with an appropriately cursed monster. Some Bloodfiends are capable of transmitting Noxiphilic Sanguivoria, a mysterious disease that can lead to Vampirism. Some Werewolves are capable of transmitting Sanies Lupinus, an ailment that can lead to Lycanthropy.
To maximize the chance of infection, you should:
- Pick the right zone. Limit your search to Bangkorai, Reaper’s March, or the Rift. Infectious Bloodfiends and Werewolves only appear in these areas.
- Search at night. Monsters capable of transmitting curses rarely (if ever) appear during daylight hours.
- Look for paired enemies. Infectious monsters are typically found in teams of two.
- Keep moving. When these rare monsters appear, they do so at randomly selected locations. Traveling up and down a zone’s main road is often more effective than staking out one known spawn point
If you suspect you’ve found an infectious monster, move in and let it attack you. Curses are spread through bites and scratches, so resist the urge to defend yourself. Absorb as many attacks as you can tolerate, then retreat or retaliate. After the encounter, check the Character menu to see if you’ve gained the desired affliction.
Players with Sanies Lupinus should look for Thoreki; players with Noxiphilic Sanguivoria should look for Vorundil. Check the area in and around the town as long as you have the required affliction, the related quest giver should be marked with a Repeatable Quest icon.
Option 2: Befriend A Cursed Player
Vampire and Werewolf skill lines both contain Passive Abilities that allow cursed players to infect willing victims. The Blood Ritual Passive Ability allows Vampire players to infect one target every seven days; the Blood Moon Passive Ability allows Werewolf players to infect one target every seven days.
This method is more predictable than searching for rare spawns, but there are a few caveats:
- The cursed player must have invested in the required Passive Ability.
- The cursed player must have avoided infecting anyone for at least seven days.
- The target player must not have an existing curse.
- Both players must be standing near a curse-related ritual site.
Option 3: Visit the Crown Store
You can simply purchase Vampirism or Lycanthropy from the Crown Store.
How to Remove Curses
If you decide to remove curse, you can do so in Evermore (Bangkorai), Rawl’kha (Reaper’s March), or Riften (the Rift). Once you’ve settled on a location, visit the town’s Mages Guild and enlist the services of Prelate Sabinus.
In exchange for a small fee, Sabinus will remove all traces of the cursed affliction including the related skill line. Curing a curse doesn’t erase the progress you’ve made toward ranking up the related skill line or abilities.
If you choose to reclaim a curse, you can pick up right where you left off. Before you cure yourself of a curse, visit a Rededication Shrine to reclaim any Skill Points you’ve spent in the curse-related skill line.