The Evil Within 2 is the latest evolution of survival horror. Detective Sebastian Castellanos has lost it all. But when given a chance to save his daughter, he must descend once more into the nightmarish world of STEM.
You May Also Like:
- File Locations Guide
- Slides Location Guide
- Residual Memories Location Guide
- All Secret Objects Location Guide
- Where To Find All Weapons, Crossbow and Other Key Items Guide
- Achievements/Trophies List
- The Evil Within 2 – Combat Tips
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 / AMD FX-8320 or better
- 8 GB RAM, 40GB free HDD space
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD 7970 3GB or better
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X or better
- 16 GB RAM, 40GB free HDD space
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX 480 8GB or better
What Should You Do First?
Be sure to check the support article section related to the game you’re having problems with.
- It’s important that you have the latest version of DirectX and graphics drivers installed.
- If you’re using Windows Vista or 7, you should try disabling UAC.
- Installing the latest updates for your operating system is always a good idea and can also resolve some of your issues. Same thing goes for shutting down or disabling any non-crucial applications running in the background, especially anti-virus software, as they might interfere with your games. Try it and see if it helps.
Nvidia Framerate Issue Fix
To fix FPS issue on Nvidia Graphic Card, try to change these setting from Nvidia Control Panel,
- Go to nvidia control panel and add the Dishonored 2.exe
- Set to adaptive vsync and turn on triple buffering
- Set maximum prerendered frames to “1”
- Turn on threaded optimization
- Can’t Even Open The Game
Exit steam completely. Then kill all steam related tasks in task manager. Then re-open it and try to run the game.
Windows 8.1/Windows 7:
Sound Issue Fix:
- You have loaded the game, it sounds like a 1930’s cartoon or squeaking, Here is the Fix:
- Go into your sound settings and change your audio to – 16bit, 48000 Hz
Game Crash Randomly
Many users are facing this issue, for some game crash at the start right after first logo and for some, game crash at first bonfire. To fix this issue you should try:
- Try to upgrade your PC drivers (Graphic Card, Sound Card, DX and also Motherboard chipset)
- If the game crash, you should change game graphic setting to “Low”, this help some players to get pass through it.
Turning DOF and SSAO Quality to low seems to help with crash
- Also there will be a patch for some issues, wait for it if you still facing this issue.
Steam Won’t Download Final 1%
If your game download stuck, try to download it into another drive and then move it to steam directory.
This is a bug on steam, change download region to any server in USA and it should go through.
Controller Not Working:
- Try to plug-out and Exit the game, Plug-In and then run the game.
The game has many issues related to FPS and performance, here are some tweaks you should try.
First of all Update your system Driver and Install latest DX, also try not to run any other application which can inflect with the game like; Anti-virus or other software.
AMD and Nvidia Texture Issue:
There is a latest driver has been out for Rise of the Tomb Raider, installing it will fix this Texture issue.
FPS Drops During Cut-Scenes
Try to disable Motion Blur and Volumetric Light Quality.
Black screen Error Fix
- Check the refresh rate of your monitor in the video settings. Mine was set to 24 Hz with my 144 Hz monitor. The game picks up the first viable refresh rate it seems.
Update GPU Drivers:
Nvidia released a driver for Infinite Warfare a few days ago, be sure to grab that. AMD also launched a hotfix today.
Perform Clean Boot
Verify the Game Cache
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
If you guys find any fix for any issue or error you can share it with us in the comment section right below. Thanks