In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens some characters are divided into classes with specific abilities, below you can see the classes of the characters and the list of abilities of each character with which you can play in both normal and free play mode.
If you want an easiest way to unlock any character in the game you can check out our Characters Cheat Code Guide.
These characters have an additional trait that allows them to use restricted terminals, or accept specific quests in hubs.
Astromech droids can use an astromech access, which perform various functions.
BB-8 can only jump, and only character capable of using rotary controls and launch pads.
Bounty Hunters can accept bounty hunter quests. Bounty hunters are equipped with jetpacks, which allow them to reach where other characters can’t.
First Order characters can access First Order terminals and accept First Order quests.
These characters can activate protocol access terminals by decoding mysterious patterns. They also speak multiple languages, a necessary skill to begin a few quests.
Resistance characters can access Resistance terminals and accept Resistance quests.
Scavengers can accept quests that others will not.
- Characters with Agile abilities can swing between twirl poles, double-jump to reach more distant locations, ascend climb walls covered in thin LEGO bricks, and cling to grip wall and can also wall-run from platforms marked by white or orange arrows.
A rare trait that opens up dive pools for use.
- BB-8 and GNK-143 can connect to power jacks and restore power to devices or machines.
- Issue orders to groups of troops, but the troops must be of the same.
- Demolish Cracked LEGO bricks to reveal what’s on the other side.
Dark Side Force Powers
- Characters with dark side Force powers can manipulate all objects that sparkle with energy, except green glowing objects.
- A dark side Force attack that holds its target in place, and that target can be thrown at another enemy or into an object.
- A dark side Force attack that holds its target in place.
- A dark side Force attack that incapacitates its targets, and allows you to move them around.
- Characters with Light Side Force power can also manipulate all objects that sparkle with energy, except for red glowing objects.
- Rapid-fire weapons overheat otherwise indestructible gold LEGO bricks, causing them to explode.
- Characters with grapple gun can target and pull grapple handles for a variety of benefits.
- Cold-resistant characters can enter locations that drive away (or freeze) anyone else.
- Gas masks (or lacking the need to breathe) make it possible to enter areas covered in green gas.
Jedi Mind Trick
- An ability that dazes its targets, causing them to attack your enemies.
- Allows characters to hover an additional distance after jumping.
- An elegant weapon for a more civilzed age that also cuts through glowing lines on doors and walls.
- Characters can reveal the location of otherwise hidden objects and bricks.
- Characters can aim at a target that is otherwise out of range. Characters can aim blasters, while others throw melee weapons, such as a staff or lightsaber.
- Explosive attacks that can destroy objects built from silver LEGO bricks.
- Characters of small stature can crawl through access hatches to reach hidden areas.
- This melee weapon doubles as both a lever for spinner switches, and a twirl pole in empty sockets.
- Call on Strong characters to deal with strength handles, which are used to open new paths or position objects.
- Flamethrowers are difficult to use in battle, but are the only way to melt frozen bricks and bricks frozen in ice.