Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is the latest expansion available of Dark Souls II to play. This latest patch offers a lot of changes to multiplayer and the primary narrative, particularly the inclusion of a new character known as “the Scholar of the First Sin.”
Estus Flasks are upgradable. By bringing Estus Shards back to the woman near The Far Fire, players can increase the number of uses they can draw from a Flask before resting. By bringing Sublime Bone Dust back to The Far Fire and burning it, you can increase the amount of healing the Estus Flask accomplishes with a single use.
Estus Shards Location:
There were 12 total Estus shards in Dark Souls II. In Scholar of the First Sin some of them have been moved to a different place in different location and some haven’t. below you will find all of them with the detail guide and location.
- During the game tutorial, you will find a petrified statue. Use Fragrant Branch of Yore on it and kill hollow when he comes back to life, in the next room you will find shard. It’s not so hard to get.
- There are two shards which you can find, first is located on the dead body in the well. Just drop the stone in the well and the shard is yours.
- The second shard is in basement of Cale’s manson. To open you need a key first. When you finally obtained it, go to the deep part of the basement, kill the skeleton and get shard.
Heide’s Tower of Flame
- This one is located in the tunnel leading from Heide to No-man’s Wharf, use elevator to the bottom and turn left in main hallway, another statue blocking your way, you can use Fragrant Branch on it, kill hollow and find the shard on the dead body guarded by the Mastodon knight.
Forest of Fallen Giants
- This one can be found on top of the optional Pursuer boss fight arena, go there kill the boss and grab the shard. After killing the Pursuer, you will have a fight with 3 Hollows, before grabbing the shard.
- This one can be found inside the cave, full of skeletons and necromancers and unfortunately you can’t get it while going inside through the main entrance. So you have to go around and open a shortcut for Skeleton Lords’ boss fight. You can find the shard on a dead body near the gate in a corner.
- To get this shard, start from “Exiled Holding Sells” bonfire, go forward until you see crushed or broken wall. Go down and kill enemies. Now you can located a small passage near the dropping location, go there and follow the path until you find a metal chest with the shard.
- To get this one, start from the “Upper Gutter” bonfire and cross small wooden bridge. Here if you look down, you can see a platform with triple standing torches. Jump on it and cross another bridge. Kill all the enemies you encountered and come close to edge of the platform and look down. You will find another small platform, where you can jump, go down and again jump down and turn right. There will be huge room with two hollows inside of it. Here you can find a small gap between the room and the cave wall. Jump across the gap and turn right. Now go upstairs to the top of the construction to find your shard on corpse.
- You can find it in the room in front of the first bonfire. Just open the door and find the shard in the chest.
Brightstone Cove Tseldora
- Start from “Chapel Threshold” bonfire, turn back to cliff and jump to the other side. Turn right and jump on the roof of ruined house. Go down, open door to find the shard on the pile of bones.
- Start from “Central Drangleic Castle” bonfire, at the point where you unlock the lift to the top of tower. While going back to the bonfire you’ll find the big metal chest in the room guarded by Desert Sorceresses. Here you will find it.
Shrine of Amana
- Start from “Crumbled ruins” bonfire, at the point here you kill ogre, go towards place where he was standing. You can see a couple of Amana Sorceresses in a distance. Go there, kill the enemies and you will find shard at dead body.
Awesome! Thank you for this!
I have discovered the ultimate weapon upgrade farming solution.
Go to the Dragon Aerie, walk of the hill, and cross the bridge. In front of you is a body that holds a bonfire ascetic. I found out that the bonfire ascetic respawns when you burn another bonfire ascetic. First of all, that’s great to hear because I’m always looking for places like that. But even better, Dragon Aerie withholds an absurd amount of petrified dragon bones, twinkling titanite , titanite chunks, etc… This means you can respawn the dragons, chrystal lizards, and items on the ground. Also, if you’re being a scumbag, you can get here at low soul-memory using the agape ring and fully upgrade Havel’s armor.
Farm on Soul junkies!