Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or local co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay your debt back to the devil.
You May Also Like:
- Cuphead – All World Map Secrets Guide
- Cuphead – How To Become A Cup Guide
- Cuphead – Controller Issue Fix
Three enemies here.
- Potato: He will shoot things with plenty of room to jump in between. The worm is parriable.
- Onion: He will cry, and tears will fall from the sky. Dodge these.
- Carrot: He will shoot mini carrots as homing missles. Dodge them. He also has a psychic attack when his eyes light up. It will be a circle ray. Dodge it.
Clip Joint Calamity
First phase is easy enough with one frog shooting easy projectiles to dodge if you are at the far left of the screen, while the 2nd shoots a firebug that acts like a space invader attack.
Second phase is easy if you stand in the middle of the screen. Fight the 2nd frogs wind attack (hilarious) while dodging the first frogs projectile.
Third phase is a bit harder but easy to manage. It turns into a slot machine with 3 possible attacks.
- Frogs: Easies to dodge, just jump and avoid the spikes on the sides.
- Bulls: Look for the blob to see if the attack will be coming from the top or bottom of the spiky barrels.
- Tigers: A bit harder in that the barrels will have balls of flame. You can stand on top of the barrels safely as long as you avoid the balls.
Ruse of an Ooze
Try to stick as close to this guy as possible so he will jump away from you. Also staying at either side of the map is unpredictable as he sometimes bounces off and sometimes straight down. When he pauses for a melee, this reaches to about half the screen. Use this to dodge (with the smoke bomb parry) either away from the melee or on the opposite side of the Ooze.
This guy’s phase 2 he grows and is hard to dodge. Skip this for now until you have enough coins to buy the “smoke bomb” charm from the store, which allows you to take no damage while dashing.
His 3rd and final form is a huge tombstone, and arguably the easiest. Dodge his slam attack, and if you have the chaser secondary attack this is pretty easy.
This guy has a few main attacks, from dropping seeds which sprout into turrets to shooting things from his mouth. The things to watch out for are:
- Root attack: When this happens stand on the middle cup. You will see roots spring up to two different cups. The 3rd one will be safe.
- Full screen melee: You can watch for this with the glow of his face, as if he’s pointing level it will go out to the cups, if lower, he will extend below the cups.
You are a plane for this one! There are several phases in this one, be prepared for a long one.
- The grumpy girl: Her words “HA” is a projectile. She has a delay and coil before she charges for her full screen attack. This can also hits you while she comes back on the screen! Also a minibomber that shoots projectiles. She will change back to this occasionally. When she uses her tornado, be sure to hit “y” to be smaller and faster, making it easier to dodge.
- Bull: There isn’t much delay for the full screen melee here, so be careful! Also with the bomber and projectiles.
- Twins: This has a ball turret that makes projectiles in a 360 degree attack.
- Cupid: Shoots arrows, as well as homing star projectiles. Remember to hit “Y” to become smaller and get in better position!
- Crescent Moon: This dangerous form shoots stars as projectiles. Spaceships come over the top, and the beams straight down will shoot at you.
Very straightforward and easy. Parry the ghosts.
Several candies will come out. All the while the main character can snipe at you, also letting out a tiny knight from the bottom right of the screen, so watch out for it. It makes a little “HA” sound. In no particular order since these come at you at random:
- Waffle: This guy comes out in a circular motion, while jumping apart, top and bottom diagonally, with his middle pieces horizontally. Very long range.
- Gumball Machine: He stays towards the middle running back and forth, but he shoots gumballs from his head that you have to dodge while they fall down.
- Jawbreaker: Utilize a circular motion here, dodging him and the center piece.
- Candy Corn: This guy can be frustrating since he seems to have semi-random movement. Left,right ,up and down in a snakelike pattern. Try utilizing the pad in the middle, so you can jump up or down accordingly.
- Cupcake: This guy is probably the hardest. He jumps up and straight down, or up and diagonally left and right. He also has splash damage coming out in waves from the ground where he lands.
During the last phase, Baroness Bon Von Von takes ahold of the factory, coming at you and shooting projectiles. The head will follow you, left right and up and down a set distance. This becomes extremely hard when the peppermints start to roll at you. Try to utilize up and down tactics, and avoid the peppermints when necessary.