Infinite Warfare delivers three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. In Campaign, players play as Captain Reyes, a pilot turned Commander, who must lead the remaining coalition forces against a relentless, fanatical enemy, while trying to overcome the deadly, extreme environments of space.
You May Also Like:
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – All Armory Locations
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Most Wanted Persons List
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Weapons Details
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Perks Guide
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3225 @ 3.30GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 70 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible
What Should You Do First?
- Be sure to check the support article section related to the game you’re having problemswith.
- It’s important that you have the latest version of DirectX and graphics drivers installed.
- If you’re using Windows Vista or 7, you should try disabling UAC.
- Installing the latest updates for your operating system is always a good idea and can also resolve some of your issues. Same thing goes for shutting down or disabling any non-crucial applications running in the background, especially anti-virus software, as they might interfere with your games. Try it and see if it helps.
Nvidia Framerate Issue Fix
To fix FPS issue on Nvidia Graphic Card, try to change these setting from Nvidia Control Panel,
- Go to nvidia control panel and add the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.exe
- Set to adaptive vsync and turn on triple buffering
- Set maximum prerendered frames to “1”
- Turn on threaded optimization
DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error
If your machine checks out it’s likely that you’re getting this error because of your display settings
- Right click your desktop
- Choose “screen resolution”
- Click “Make text and other items larger or smaller”
- In Windows 7 make this 100% or smaller. In Windows 8 and 10 drag the toggle all the way to the left (smaller)
Reboot your machine and launch the game. Voila, you’ve just fixed the DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error.
- Harddrive D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Click on both the .exe files, go to properties, then on the compatibility tab
- Check “disable display scaling on high DPI”
Try lowering render resolution, deleting the config file, lowering textures, etc. Find a good working point, then little by little up the settings.
Black screen Error Fix
Check the refresh rate of your monitor in the video settings. Mine was set to 24 Hz with my 144 Hz monitor. The game picks up the first viable refresh rate it seems.
Update GPU Drivers:
- Nvidia released a driver for Infinite Warfare a few days ago, be sure to grab that. AMD also launched a hotfix today.
- Get Nvidia Driver Here
- Get AMD Driver Here
Perform Clean Boot
Verify the Game Cache
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
Arrow Key Movement Not Working Correctly
Delete the config file and try again. Once you delete the config file validate the cache then you will be fine.
Also if your keybord arrowkeys are not working at all, exit the keyboard software whatever you are using. this will help to fix it.
Game Crash after 30 Sec
Try adding iw7_ship.exe to your anti-virus exception list, especially if you use AVG.
Game Crashing After Settings Change
- Delete the config file and try again.
- Disable anti-virus to fix it.
Mouse Isn’t Working Properly Fix
Trying turning sync with frames off, if that doesn’t work probably try with an xbox controller and wait for the patch to fix this issue.
Game Freeze after Pressing Alt+Tab
Try to run the game in Window Mode
Infinite Warfare Freeze After First Screen
- Update Drivers
- Update DX11
- Verify Game Cache
- Restart Computer
If you are running AVG go to Options then Advances settings, then exceptions and add the game folder an exception, listed below.
- Go to options, then advances settings, then exceptions, and add the entire game folder or drive, dependiong where its installed to the list.
If you don’t have a antivirus program open up windows defender, and make sure it’s an exception on this, when you disable or don’t have Antivirus windows defender takes over and does the same thing, try this.
Try disabling the shader cache, it messes up textures. Hope this will help.
NAT type: Strict Issue Fix
If you guys find any fix for any issue or error you can share it with us in the comment section right below. Thanks