In a world torn by war between two powerful nations fighting for rule and supremacy, accept the burden of the Sheperd and fight human darkness to protect your world from Malevolence and reunite humans and Seraphim.
You May Also Like:
- Tales of Zestiria – All Normins Locations Guide
- Tales of Zestiria – Support Talents Details
- Tales of Zestiria – Hexen Isle Overview and Guide
As game has been released and you will may encounter by much unexpected bug, crashes, errors and some other kind of issue, which will make you anger cuz you can’t play your favorite game.
Don’t worry though, our troubleshooting guide for Tales of Zestiria has all the workarounds for the known bugs, Errors and crashes in the game. Let’s start with this what you should have to do first before running the game which will save you many king of bugs and errors.
What Should You Do First?
- Be sure to check the support article section related to the game you’re having problems with. There you can also find troubleshooting threads which our users have found helpful.
- It’s important that you have the latest version of DirectX and graphics drivers installed!
- If you’re using Windows Vista or 7, you should try disabling UAC. More information can be found here.
- Installing the latest updates for your operating system is always a good idea and can also resolve some of your issues. Same thing goes for shutting down or disabling any non-crucial applications running in the background, especially anti-virus software, as they might interfere with your games. Try it and see if it helps.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2.6GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4830 or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
- Gamepad support
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 10 (x64)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 7850 or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
- Gamepad support
Graphic Card Drivers:
Latest Sound Drivers:
- Direct Input and XInput are both supported.
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers are both supported with presets.
- Gamepad button bindings can be rebound.
- Xbox 360/One controller button icons show up in the game if that input type is selected.
Game Crashes At Launch:
First you have to meets the Minimum Specs and latest drivers of your hardware, and second, set your system speaker configuration to Stereo, or disabling surround sound. If your sound control panel shows 7.1 or 8 channels, you need to try and set it to 2.
If you have headphones, unplug and reboot the game. If you have any software associated with your headset like Logitech and Razer installed, update them. For Logitech and Razer.
Or you can try to Verify Integrity of Game Cache from the steam.
For Nvidia graphics disabling DSR will help also, see if it fix with it.
Also try this: Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Zestiria\_CommonRedist\ directory and running the installers under those directories.
Black Screen Or Monitor Out Of Range:
Minimize the game by pressing Alt+TAB and again Alt+TAB back into it to fix, it helps some users.
Or try to create a new config file, which can be found here.
C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Local\BANDAI NAMCO Games\Tales of Zestiria (replace _username_ with whatever your system username is)
If there is no TOZ.cfg file in that directory, you can download it from Here. Save that file in directory and then start the game. It will help to fix this issue.
Game Stability and Lag:
With some 2.1 native audio output configurations, unplugging the device may create stability issues. Do not unplug the device when running the application.
No Sound In-Game:
Install latest sound card drivers which you can find above. Also on some configurations, disconnecting and reconnecting an audio peripheral may cause the application not to produce any sound. Do not disconnect any audio peripheral when running the application.
OR, if audio device is set to stereo in system’s audio control panel, but in the game, you can change this setting there to fix it.
Voiceovers are not Audible:
When selecting Surround output with some configurations of monitors and headphones, voiceovers may not be audible. Use this output only if you have a Surround amplifier.
Missing Save File:
To fix this, start a new game and create a new save. Now you can see old save file when you try to load it. You can also located your game Save file here: Steam\userdata\_userid_\351970\remote
Screen Tearing Or Stuttering:
Enable vsync to fix it, you need to restart the game to make changes.
Also try enabling Triple Buffering from the graphics card’s control panel will help in this issue.
Try changing the refresh rate the game initializes the display at, for that locate the game cfg file under C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Local\BANDAI NAMCO Games\Tales of Zestiria\ and open it with note pad.
Change refreshRateHz line to “refreshRateHz=60”, save it and run the game.
Try to run the game in Windowed mode at a 16:9 resolution may fix this issue.
If all of these fixes are not work, wait for the patch (188.8.131.52).
Simulation Running Slow:
If you have both Intel HD GPU and an Nvidia GPU and Intel HD GPU is set on defult may cause this issue. To fix this:
Right click on Tales of Zestiria in Steam library and select Properties. Select Local Files tab and click Browse Local Files.
Right click on the “Tales of Zestiria.exe” and click on “Run with graphics processor” and select Nvidia GPU as default.
Or for Nvidia GPU, go to the Nvidia Control Panel and setting Physx to run on your CPU instead of your GPU.
Install DirectX 9.0c Error:
If you getting this error massage, while you have install DX 11 or 12, and still getting this error, it means your video card does not support the DX 11, so need to install SX 9.0c, instead of DX11.
Or you can try this to fix this issue;
- Go into your Steam library and right click on Tales of Zestiria, then select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, click Browse Local Files.
- In that directory, there should be a _CommonRedist directory.
- Try going under there and you should find a DirectX installer.
Uninstalling and reinstalling both Intel HD and Nvidia GPU drivers, can fix this issue. Try it.
Note: If you guys find any other fix related to Tales of Zestiria, you can share it in the comment section right below.
using i7 4960x processor
Titan X Stock Gpu
32GB 2400Mhz Ram
all i get is black screen….
Jake Carabana says
check videocard and soundcard for any latest updates.
Tried the alt + Tab about 7 times, then somehow got manged to get backin the game 😀
Quinton Bowman says
so i must be the only one who having the issue with this game crashing and crashing my graphics drivers during cutscenes and open world areas.. This is the only game thats having this problem out of 50 other games I play for PC(skyrim,DBZ Xenoverse,Payday 2,Final Fantasy 13-1 and -2,Tomb raider, Street fighter 4,Hitman absolution,Assassin Creed black Flag) I still havent found a working solution.. I recommend playing this on the consoles
Dionisis Zougras says
I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!
When i open the game and i enter to load from save place, the game show me a black screen and his music to play. What happen?
after i install why still directx error
My game was working fine a few days ago, now the game started skipping, stutterng lagging. any ideas?
I can’t load my saves