Contract #9: Shrieker
Find notice board in Crow’s Perch to read the contract. Or you may find out the nest of this creature first.
- Locations: Crow’s Perch OR Burned Ruins (Cockatrice Cave)
- Characters: Chet and Symko
- Talk to the contract issuer
Head to the lower village within the walls of Crow’s Perch, and find Chet by his cottage. Listen to him and agree to help him.
- Talk to the witnesses to the shrieker’s attack (Optional)
Symkois the witness to the shrieker’s attack. Talk to him and he will tell you some about the monster. Now go for some work.
- Investigate the site of the shrieker’s attack using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the blood tracks using your Witcher Senses
Now go to the south of Crow’s Perch and them eastwards to the objective area, close to marshy moat and south of the Burned Ruins signpost. Use your witcher sense to locate the remains of Symko’s dog Ruffler can be seen. There are staggered tracks leading away from the dog corpse. Locate the monster blood close to the water’s edge, and track it to northwesterly direction, and you will find the cave entrance.
- Find the shrieker’s lair
- Drive the shrieker out of its lair with a Samum, Grapeshot, or Dancing Star bomb
Now explore cave entrance, use Witcher senses in here to uncover droppings staining a high ledge, where the beast must be nursing its wounds. It won’t budge until you produce a Samum, Grapeshot, or Dancing Star bomb, and lob it onto the ledge. After the explosion, the shrieker disappears.
- Chase down the shrieker
- Kill the shrieker
Now track shrieker across the countryside as it flaps away. Drop it from the skies and slay the monster.
- Take a trophy from the shrieker
After that collect the trophy and go back to Chet and collect your reward. You can:
Tell him to keep the coin for Symko. Or gladly accept the coin.
Contract #10: Swamp Thing
A lone villager harvesting peat within the marshlands west of The Orphans of Crookback Bog (village) beckons you to help. On northwestern edge of Crookback Bog, due west of the Orphans’ Village but closer to the water’s edge, is a Peat Post.
- Locations: Crookback Bog Peat Post, Crookback Bog Peat Lodge, Cave of Ignius Fatuus
- Characters: Leslav
- Recommended Item: Eye of Nehaleni – (Obtained from Keira Metz during Main Quest: Hunting a Witch)
- Find out what’s killing people in the fog
- Use the Eye of Nehaleni to see through the illusion
Now to the south side from here and cross the bog, neat the objective area you can sense metallic odor in the air. Continue towards a Peat Lodge and use witcher senses to inspect the structure and uncover a slumped corpse with his weapon still sheathed and almost completely decomposed corpse.
- Find out what’s killing people in the fog (continues)
- Use the Eye of Nehaleni to see through the illusion
Now go to the east side for the second objective area, here you can use Witcher Senses and the Eye of Nehaleni. Use Witcher Senses to discover a few dead folks with a variety of different claw marks on it.
Or use the Eye of Nehaleni to remove a wall of magic.
Use Witcher Senses to uncover tracks that were masked with magic.
- Navigate the illusions to find the foglet
- Kill the foglet
Follow the intermittent tracks through swamp, in a winding pattern throughout the bog, heading to south. There are at least two foglet to face, back at the Peat Lodge. While you’re there, look for the badly decomposed corpse. There is a faint smell coming from it. This is worth your while following, in a roughly southerly direction.
Journey to a small fetid pond with a foglet to slay. Of greater interest is a cave blocked by a massive boulder. But this isn’t really a boulder. Use the Eye of Nehaleni to dismiss this illusion and reveal a foglet’s cave.
As you enter the cave, go to the left to locate the old foglet responsible for the illusions—Ignius Fatuus. Slay him and collect the trophy.
- Take a trophy from the foglet’s body
- Collect the reward for the foglet
Now go back to Leslav at his Peat Post and claim your reward.
Contract #11: Woodland Beast
There is a notice board to the southeast side of the of the fortified bridge to the Border Post on Halver Isle. Read the contract during the exploration of Novigrad and northern parts of Velen to start.
- Locations: Border Post, Inn at the Crossroads, Scoia’tael Camp
- Characters: Captain Felix Grubb, Vernossiel
- Talk to the commander of the guardpost by the bridge to Novigrad.
Go to refugee camp near the fallen fields of Velen, southeast of the Border Post, and search out the captain of guard. Speak to him to start the contract, after completion you will be allow to across the Pontar river and into Novigrad.
- Examine the site where the transport was attacked using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the tracks using your Witcher Senses
Go to the site where the transport was attacked, which is located at the southwest of the captain, close to the ford across to the Inn at the Crossroads. Use the withcer senses to inspect the vicinity and uncover the claw marks on a slumped corpse and bodies clawed and gnawed. Also an empty chest and tracks, humanoid in stature, leading away to the southeast.
Follow the tracks across the road which leads down to the ford, and disappear. Stare at the opposite side of the ford and you’ll see the tracks appear from the soggy sand. Follow them until you’re stopped by a Scoia’tael archer here, quest can now conclude in one of two different ways, Kill the Scoia’tael or go back to guard post captain.
- Kill the Scoia’tael
- Return to the guard post captain for your reward
Speak to the archer. If answer “you’ve killed enough humans already,” or you aren’t put down your weapons, he will attack you with 5 others.
Return to the guard post captain for your reward.
Speak to the archer and ask him to speak with commander. You are lead to a hidden elf camp where Vernossiel speaks curtly to you. She insists they will stop attacking the Redanian transports, but you must leave and forget what you’ve seen.
A better plan is to agree “do as you will.”
Now go back to captain and collect your reward, but you will not get anything.
Leave a Reply