fantasy universe, full of meaningful choices and impactful consequences. In The Witcher, you play as Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter tasked with finding a child from an ancient prophecy.
As game has been released and you will may encounter by very unexpected bug, crashes, errors and some other kind of issue, which will make you anger cuz you can’t play your favorite game. Don’t worry though, our troubleshooting guide for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has all the workarounds for the known bugs, Errors and crashes in the game.
You May Also Like:
- All Witcher Contracts Location and Completion Guide
- All Fist-Fighting and Horse Races Locations and Details
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – All Treasure Hunts Locations Guide
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Places of Power Locations Guide
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – All Romance Options OR Carnal Knowledge Guide
Let’s start with this what you should have to do first before running the game which will save you many king of bugs and errors.
- OS:64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
- Processor:Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPUPhenom II X4 940
- RAM:6 GB
- Graphics:NVidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPURadeon HD 7870
- Hard Drive:35 GB
- DirectX 11
Game Wont Start-Up OR Crashed
If you are getting MSVCR110.dll is missing error – install “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4”, restarted and it will works fine.
OR unblock “Witcher3.exe” from internet. You have to allow “Witcher3.exe” to accessing internet in firewall even you not online. Or you need to delete those file and game Run without Error:
Note: Make sure you have the back-up of the game.
If you have Downloaded GOG Pre-loaded game and unable to start the game, try this: From GOG support
- Please make sure that you use “Run as Administrator” to install and to start the game (right-click on the shortcut or setup file and select “Run as Administrator”).
- Please reinstall the game and add it to your anti-virus/firewall software’s exception/trusted list.
- NVidia released Witcher III Game Ready Drivers 18 May 2015, please update your drivers: Try disabling DSR
- Please install Visual C++ 2013 SP1 Redistributable Packages: After pressing Download select:
vcredist_x86.exeInstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Please make sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is using its default setting. To do this, follow these steps:
I) Open Menu Start
II) Right click ‘Computer’ and click ‘Properties’
III) Click ‘Advanced system settings’
IV) Open tab ‘Advanced’ and click ‘Settings’ in ‘Performance’ section
V) Open tab ‘Data Execution Prevention’
VI) Change DEP setting to the first option (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only)
VII) Confirm with OK.
- Maybe you have some settings forced on your graphics device in NVidia Control Panel. If so then try to reset them
- If above steps didn’t help, please try to run the game directly from it’s executable. Go to game installation folder \Bin\x64\ (default: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64) and run witcher.exe directly.
No Video during Cut-Scenes OR FPS Drop
To fix this issue you have to made some changes in User.setting
- Open user.settings with text editor
- Go to line no. 107 (MovieFramerate=30)
- Change it to 60
Low FPS and Game Lagging
First you have to installed NVidia 352.86, (There is some reports that installing the new driver, game won’t launch, if that happens you need to go to install previous version)
Also try turning off NVIDIA HairWorks
Game Failed To Launch at Steam
If game won’t launch or stuck at at Steam Library verify the Game Cache Files and restore all the missing files.
Game Freeze on NVidia GPUs
- First you have to install NVidia 352.86.
- Now go to NVidia Control Panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings
- Under Power Management Mode Tab chose “Prefer Maximum Performance”
- Also install the .Net Framework
Game Freeze or Crash at Menu Screen
For those of you that are experiencing a crash inside of the menu where the game freezes, audio persists and the only way to get out is by using task manager.
Open explorer go to Steam>steamapps>common>The Witcher 3>bin>config>base
Open the resources file in notepad
Look for [ResourceLoading/Decomprssion] and read the notes
Change the value for MaxRequests to 40 and then save the file
This is the value that worked for me, so be sure to play around with it and find your system’s sweet spot, he developers left a lot of clean notes describing all of the values that you can change, and I REALLY appreciate that, really nice to see how much effort they put into the details.
Leave a Reply